What is a tinted sunscreen?
Tinted sunscreen for face is a 2-in-1 product that combines excellent sunscreen protection against harmful rays while providing a light foundation effect that hydrates and mattifies the complexion.
More than just a face sunscreen or simple makeup, daily tinted SPF skincare are specially formulated to offer maximum protection for everyday use and a tint that perfectly matches the skin tone.
Tinted sunscreen generally offers effective skin care sunscreen with a medium to high SPF rating. The reliability and effectiveness of the formula are determined through a series of mandatory tests performed in cosmetic laboratories. The tests ensure real protection against the sun.
In addition to UV protection, tinted sunscreen can have a range of proven properties : moisturising, anti-ageing, anti-dark spot, etc. It also lightly covers minor imperfections and gives a natural glow without the need to apply multiple products to the face.
A cream for each skin type
Depending on the different skin types (normal, dry, oily, combination), tinted SPFs use skin type suited ingredients, while providing a natural and pleasant texture. Some have also been developed to suit sensitive skin.
What are the daily benefits of tinted SPF skincare ?
Tinted sunscreens have many benefits including:
- Skin protection against UV rays: Thanks to the sunscreen filters used in the formula of facial sunscreens, skin cells are protected from ultra-violet rays all year long.
- Prevention of pigmentation spots: Sun exposure can also cause brown spots, also known as age spots on the skin. Tinted SPF can help prevent these spots by protecting the skin from UV rays.
- Skin hydration: Some are formulated with nutritive ingredients allow for long-lasting hydration of the skin while keeping it supple and soft.
- Uniformity of complexion: The smoothing properties of tinted SPF offer light and natural coverage and help to even out the complexion. It aims to conceal minor imperfections on the face, such as redness, brown spots, acne scars.
- Ease of use: Thanks to its all-in-one solution, tinted sunscreen for face is a practical alternative to traditional skincare products. Its application is easy and can be quickly integrated into a daily beauty routine.
Which ingredients should you look for in a tinted SPF for the face?
Today, the cosmetic market offers a wide range of tinted sunscreens, formulated according to the specific needs of each skin type.
The selected ingredients play an important role in the ability of tinted SPF to suit different skin types.
Here are some key ingredients to look for to develop a skin care sunscreen for the face:
- Mineral filters (e.g. zinc oxide) and/or organic : essential for protecting the skin against UVA and UVB rays (including visible light), these ingredients are safe and effective.
- Emulsifiers and surfactants: some of them are of natural origin and have moisturizing properties for soft and smooth skin (e.g. beetroot sugar or aloe vera).
- Antioxydants: some of them may be of natural or organic origin, helping to protect cells against damage caused by free radicals; free radicals are unstable molecules that can attack cells and their genetic material, leading to premature ageing.
In conclusion, a tinted sun cream specially designed for the face is made with ingredients that provide the skin with a high level of sun protection against the sun’s rays, while at the same time offering proven additional benefits such as moisturising, anti-ageing, anti-dark spot protection, etc. Like all cosmetic products, they are tested to ensure they do not cause irritation and have been approved by a toxicologist. Tinted SPF aims for a flawless complexion.
Do you have a project of tinted SPF development range? The sun expert teams at ALPOL Cosmetique can help throughout your project from the brief to placing your product on the market. Contact them here.